POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Venus_103KBbefore : Re: Venus_103KBbefore Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Venus_103KBbefore
From: Jerome
Date: 21 Jan 2000 05:05:39
Message: <38882F70.B01B070A@iname.com>
Peter Warren wrote:

> Technically I had a patch 'issue'.
> The use of CSG difference to create
> the curtain's loop holes.
> To quote from the docs:
> "They [Finite Patch Primitives] may be combined
>  in CSG union but cannot be use in other types of CSG."
>  I know this has been discussed before but it
>  does bother me a bit.

	If the patch (or mesh...) is flat (as is the case for your
curtain), POV can't distinguish the inside from the outside,
so CSG intersection and differences are impossible. But you
can always cut holes in a patch object with clipped_by...
	If the patch is a closed solid, MegaPOV is able to do CSG
with it (albeit probably with a warning saying that it
doesn't work, although it does. There was such a warning in
uvpov, I don't know if it was removed)

		Jerome

PS: nice pic
--

* Doctor Jekyll had something * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* to Hyde...                  * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger